Associate Producer & Additional Camera BBC/PBS: “Inside the Meltdown“
- Interviewed government officials, scientists and emergency responders involved in the Fukushima nuclear disaster.
- Shot interviews and additional footage of the documentary’s main characters using the Sony FS100 and EX-3.
- Simultaneously interpreted for director during multiple interviews.
- Curated disaster-related news, researched potential stories and booked interviews.
- Researched archival footage, rare archival footage and negotiated all archival licenses.
Producer The Teaching Channel: “New Teacher Survival Guide” Series
- Developed ten episodes to help new teachers overcome common teaching challenges.
- Shot actuality in classrooms in Long Island, New Jersey and the Bronx.
- Interviewed teachers, students, administrators and educational experts.
- Wrote scripts and helped edit multiple episodes.
- Coordinated logistics and obtained permission to film in multiple school districts in the New York area.
Multimedia Producer WNYC Public Radio
- Researched, pitched, produced, shot and edited multiple videos about issues affecting Americans in the lead-up to the 2010 midterm elections. Stories included: Growing up Muslim in an age of Islamophobia, Solving Arizona, Voting for Pedro, Tallevast’s Search for Justice, and Take Back the Land.
- Managed creation of a new website to highlight audio, video, blog and multimedia content. Solicited and wrote web content. Helped with social media outreach.
Associate Producer PBS Frontline: “The Quake”
- Found and negotiated licenses for all archival footage including never before broadcast video. Coordinated logistics for all international shoots. Created event chronologies and interview briefs to prepare correspondent Martin Smith for interviews. Managed all deliverables. Produced and edited web video for FRONTLINE website.
Producer United Nations
- Produced film for UN profiling the Resident Coordinator position. Wrote script, found all archival stills and footage, licensed music, produced and shot interviews.
Associate Producer ANPO: Art x War
- Helped director obtain funding. Used fluency in Japanese to research history of U.S. occupation of Japan. Obtained archival photos and footage.
Multimedia Producer PBS Wide Angle
- Pitched, shot and edited multiple web-exclusive videos including: Staying Druze in America, Does your Religion Allow Organ Donation?, Controversial World of Private Security Contractors, and A North Korean Defector Speaks.
- Used ProTools to edit multiple interviews and natural sound into online radio report: Trouble Brewing in Ethiopian Specialty Coffee. Used timeline software to integrate stills and video into Cuba’s Brawn Drain, a chronology of boxer defections from Cuba.
- Flew to Bermuda to film b-roll for Emmy award-winning film “The Madoff Affair.” Used After Effects to produce simple graphic animations and still effects. Found and negotiated licenses for all archival footage. Coordinated logistics for multiple-country shoots in Europe and Afghanistan. Created story chronologies and interview briefs to prepare correspondent. Managed all deliverables.
Researcher PBS Wide Angle: “Japan’s About Face”
- Used fluency in Japanese to research film about evolution of Japan’s military. Managed translation of hundreds of hours of tape. Negotiated international licensing agreement.
President Intellingua Japan
- Founded Japanese-English translation company to serve the high-tech and media market.
- Handled in-country logistics for FIFA at quarter, semifinals and final of 2002 World Cup.
- Interpreted and did site surveys for German television station RTL at Japan Grand Prix.
- Traveled to Japan to help field produce hour-long documentary “On Paper Wings.”
- Researched story about green technology and interpreted for Nikkei Shinbun journalist.
COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY: School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA), New York, NY Master of International Affairs: International Media and Communications
MIDDLEBURY COLLEGE: Middlebury, VT. Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Minor in Japanese Honors: College Scholar, Graduated Cum Laude
OTHER SKILLS: Fluent in Japanese and French. Own and edit with Avid and FCP. Own and shoot with the Sony FS-100 and the Canon HDV XH-A1. Experienced in basic interview lighting. Own simple light kit.